Friday, July 25, 2008

Randy Pausch... an unbelieveble teacher, parent and human being!

An amazing professor who taught us a great last lesson.



In the lecture Mr. Pausch urged his students and colleagues to live life to the fullest. Among his words of wisdom:
  • "Never underestimate the importance of having fun. I'm dying and I'm having fun. And I'm going to keep having fun every day because there's no other way to play it."
  • "We can't change the cards we're dealt, just how we play the hand. If I'm not as depressed as you think I should be, I'm sorry to disappoint you."
  • "Good teaching is always a performance, but what Randy did was in a class all by itself," says Andy van Dam, co-founder of the computer science department at Brown University, which Pausch attended as an undergraduate. "His students responded to him as athletes do to a great coach who cares not only about winning but about the team players as individuals."
Randy Pausch, died Friday of complications from pancreatic cancer. He was 47. He died at his home in southern Virginia.

Most felt condolences to his family, friends and students.

1 comment:

Saša said...

Watched the video a few days ago... brought tears to my eyes. Wish him and his family peace.